Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Taylor's Birth

I have decided to start up my blog again, since we now have a wonderful bundle of joy, I thought it would be nice to share with all of my friends and family the milestones Taylor goes through. Plus, since most of you are not nearby, I thought you could be a part of her growing up too! I will start from the beginning. When Taylor was born. Overall I had a good pregnancy. I did not have any morning sickness, not to much moodiness (I even checked with Jeff and he agrees I was not too bad)! My main issues were just waking up a lot at night to relieve myself and my body hurt quite a bit. We decided that if Taylor did not come on her own before I was 38 weeks, then we would schedule a time for induction. We scheduled with my doctor, Dr. Fogardy, to induce me on June 8th 2012. (My due date was June 11th, so only 3 days early). We had to be at the hospital by 5:00 a.m. I really hoped that Taylor would come on her own before then, but she must have been really comfortable. Before my induction date, Jeff and I decided to try EVERYTHING we could think of (except castor oil...eeeeew!) I ate lots of spicy foods, I walked a ton, I constantly bounced on a yoga ball, I even got Jeff to play Just Dance with me, along with other stuff :) NOTHING would work! Finally June 8th came. I woke up at 2:30 a.m. to get everything ready and we headed to the hospital at 4:30 a.m.
Here is what I looked like right before we left for the hospital. 39 weeks and 4 days. 

 It's amazing a tummy can stretch that much!
When we got to the hospital, we had to check in at the Emergency counter. They took us to our room and I had to change into a gown. When we got there, it took forever to get things started. The nurse had to ask me a ton of questions. They wanted an intern to come learn off me and the intern was not going to be there until 6:00 a.m., so we had to wait for her to get there. Finally, when she did get there, they stuck me with needles, and hooked me to monitors. The nurses started me on Pitocin to get the labor started. I felt great! I wondered what all the fuss was about. At 7:30 a.m. my doctor came and broke my water and that is when it all started.....dun dun dun..... At first it was not too bad. I had some contractions, but they were manageable. Not enough was happening so my doctor told the nurses to up the Pitocin. My nurse said she did not want to do it, because she thought that would take me over the top on a pain level, but she did it anyway because she was told to.

This is during a contraction.
This is after a contraction.
Jeff felt much better than I did.
Jeff Waiting for Taylor to come! 

To go back a little bit, I did not want to get an epidural. My mom and my sisters have given birth without one and I just knew that I could do it too. Plus I was very worried about it causing some long term damage, if a mistake was done. So I was absolutely set on not getting a needle stuck into my back. We told all the nurses and my doctor, and the anesthesiologist that it was just not going to happen. I even gave Jeff the assignment that no matter what, not go let me get the epidural. Well, after they upped my Pitocin the contractions got so bad that I started to beg Jeff for the epidural. He continued to tell me no. Finally, after I had been in labor for 7 hours, I was crying a cry I have never cried before, if I could have been on my hands and knees, I would have been, just to beg Jeff to let me get the darn epidural!!! The nurses did not like Jeff much, since he continued to tell me no and I was carrying on the way I was. Finally, Jeff told me that if I just wanted it, then no, but if I really needed it, then I could get it. It took me a few minutes to finally admit that I needed it and the anesthesiologist was called in. YAY!!!!! After that, the rest was a breeze! I was only in labor another 45 minutes until it was time to push. I did not feel a thing!!! I was happy and laughing, I actually enjoyed labor from then on out. I had asked Jeff before hand not to look when I was pushing. I wanted him to still be attracted to me after Taylor was born, so I asked him to stay up by my head. When it was time to push...he looked. Darn him! But he still seems to be attracted to me, so all is well! I only had to push during, I think it was 2 contractions, then she was here! They put her right on my chest and let me hold her, while they put a hat on her and cleaned her up with cloth.
This was absolutely the most amazing moment of my entire life. 

After they let me hold her for a lot longer then I thought they would, they took her over to the warming lights and did whatever they do to babies.
After they got her nice and warm and cleaned up, Jeff was able to hold her for the first time. He held her like a champ. It is amazing to me, Jeff always refused to hold newborns because he said he did not want to break them, then when he held his own baby girl, he did it like he has been holding her for years! He says it is because he saw what she went through to get here and realizes she is not a fragile as he thought!
Afterwards, they let me eat and Jeff went with Taylor and helped give her her first bath!
I am one happy mama!

Later that night, around 1:00 in the morning, my mom finally got to the hospital! She was the first person, other than us and the hospital staff to meet little Taylor and she was able to spend a few days with us!
3 generation photo! 

 When we were finally able to bring Taylor home, I had discovered that my mom decorated our house! It was so sweet and I loved it so much!
These are the roses Jeff gave me and Taylor. The red ones are for me and the pink ones are for Taylor.

We were so excited for Sidney and Taylor to meet for the first time. Sidney pretty much just sniffed Taylor for a little while, then forgot all about her.
We were so excited to show Taylor around our house and let her experience so many firsts!
First time taking a bath at home.
First time in her swing.

First time riding in a car

First time in her crib
We are so excited to have our little one here! 






Just cannot get enough of this girl!

1 comment: