Monday, June 28, 2010

Katie's bridal shower gift

Katie, Jeff's sister is getting married on August 6th this year. June 26th, Aunt Kris, Nancy and I threw her a bridal shower. I made Katie a special gift that I gave her that day.

I found a way cute picnic basket at DI and I cleaned and stained it, then I made the inner fabric lining for it. I think it turned out cute.




Inside the picnic basket, I put a picnic blanket I made for her.I hand sewed the ants on after appliqueing them. I sewed the rest of it. Although, I did not quilt the design to hold the fabric and stuffing together, I did everything else though. It was a lot of fun and I am very happy with the results. I worked on it for so many nights, while I laid in bed while watching television that now, I get so bored if I am not sewing while the television is on.




1 comment:

  1. wow your great at sewing! i love that quilt the ants are way fun. good job!

    ReplyDelete